Here’s a fun recipe to make with frozen strawberries.
Yes, you can trick your guest into thinking is was made with fresh-picked berries! Note: this cake won’t work if the berries are not frozen.
Put your oven at 350F and spray some non-stick spray into a pyrex or glass pan (9″ x 13″).
– 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
– 1 cup of white sugar
– 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice (lemon or lime juice will also work.
– 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of frozen strawberries (you can substitute with blueberries or raspberries (frozen))
Mix eggs, sugar, oil and orange juice. In an other bowl, sift the flour, baking powder. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Add the vanilla and mix. When all of the ingredients are well mixed, fold-in the strawberries.
Pour the mixture into your prepared pan. Place on the centre rack of the oven, and let cook for 45 to 50 minutes. When a tooth pick or cake checker comes out clean it’s ready.
I recommend adding a little bit of whipped cream on top of each piece before serving. This cake tastes better when it’s cool or room temperature, so if your having a dinner party, make it first thing in the morning!
Peace and berry goodness