This simple yet very tasty cake is sure to please everyone… even the kids who don’t like carrots will eat it (just don’t tell them what’s in it). Here is the recipe for the carrot cake muffins as seen on CTV Morning Live on February 6th, 2013.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of 24 Carrot Chutney
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini, chutney and vanilla. Combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until done.
** if making muffins or cupcakes; raise heat to 350 and cook for approx. 18 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
Love notes: you can substitute the vegetable oil for olive oil; it will give a quite nice earthy taste to this cake.