One of my pet peeves is burning a cake or cupcake. This happened with a batch of what was supposed to be some pumpkin spice cupcakes. Fast forward to 2 minutes of over baking and all I could think of it chucking them in the garbage. But then I said to myself; “only the bottoms are a little burnt”, “why not create Whoopie Pies?”
Here are the steps to create these easy Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with a cinnamon cream cheese icing.
1. Remove the muffin papers from the cakes.
2. Prepare your desired icing (I added a teaspoon of cinnamon to mine).
3. Cut off the bottom (appox. 1/4”)
4. With an icing bag put as little or a much icing on one half of the cake.
5. Take a second part of cake and create a sandwich.
6. Place the assembled whoopie pie in a large muffin paper and put a small amount of icing on the top (I sprinkled some brown sugar to make is a little more fancy.
There’s always a way to salvage baked goods, my good friend told me she creates yummy bread pudding with the non-burnt parts of the cakes.
Love & being resourceful