Zucchini’s are now in season, and yes when these wonderful vegetables start growing in your garden, they just don’t stop.
You cook these on the BBQ with a little bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper. You can also grate the zucchini and make this oh so moist cake.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (you can use chips instead)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Fold chocolate into mixture. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until done.
Love notes: you can substitute the vegetable oil for olive oil; it will give a quite nice earthy taste to this cake. As for the dark chocolate… don’t be afraid to splurge on the best one you can find. In this recipe I used Brix (it’s a wine chocolate, but works very well in cooking).
Love and Zucchini…